07 October 2009

Day 8: Feilaisi and Benzilan



Credits: Some of the photos posted are taken by Chuen Yee and Master Chin.



Rested enough this time. Woke up at 615am to day.



WAS HOPING


TO SEE THE


SUN RISE!!



Will Meili give face? Didn’t woke the guys up. Not sure if they are going to follow me, I just went ahead to the viewing platform.

Already many people are standing there waiting. The local as usual lighted up their joss sticks and put them on the ground and chanted. Yinhuan and Chuen Yee joined me soon after. I didn’t pin too much hope. Finally at 7am, the sun rose from behind.










In anticipation.

Nervous.

Doubtful.

Hoping.

Finally.




















THE


SUN


ROSE!!!





































The peak of Meili got illuminated, just like icrecream cone got torched by the ethylene flame. A small spot at first, the cone enlarged. EVERYONE at the viewing platform cheered and clapped! We quickly snap as many photos as we can. The clouds are fast coming and we have to seize every moment we have to take as many photos we could. So beautiful so beautiful. God has been so so kind to us all today. I praise almighty GOD for his impeccable master piece and his kindness to let us admire this beauty. What a surprised climax for our trip. Viewing of Meili in sunrise at August? Gotto be kidding! Yet, we saw it.

We went to Migatory Bird to have a good western breakfast in celebration. Nice food. I started to explore Migatory Bird more – a dog, some kittens playing with table cloth, a monkey even!




Was having a relax good time in there snapping some leisure pics. I went round and scout for prices of those inns that have rooms facing the mountain. Those innladies told me that the price in October is the most expensive, double compared to normal season. I particularly like one that call JZ, it has only 9 rooms but very modern and nice, and not that pricey. Room at top floor have a extended balcony that you can just shoot the Meili mountain at the leisure outside your own bed room, no need to squeeze with people on the platform. This is the hotel that I m gonna stay next time yep.

We checked out of the hotel and the driver promised to bring us to Deqin town to eat mixian. Oh how I love the delicious mixian. So appetizing. I always finish every single strand of the beehoon. Fantatsic.

We went to Yingbingtai to try our luck on seeing Meili.



This time the sun is high up, bright sunny, no longer the gloomy drizzle day that greeted us days ago. It is already afternoon so Meili is surrounded by clouds. We tried took some photos still. Then suddenly a jeep that bear an unfamiliar plate 晋 came. Few guys with pro cam came down and chatted with me. I felt so embarrassed when I tried to show them those Meili pics that I took this morning, one of those guys actually ask me, how come ur camera so simple ah? Haha. Fine. I will get a big long camera next time. It is the pics that count, I got my smiling Meili heh!








We then continue to go towards Benzilan for tonight stay. I went unconscious the moment I got onto the car and started my head swinging dance. I didn’t even wake up when I pass the mountain pass. Only realize it after the passing. Duh, the driver didn’t even wake me up, so bad.


Mile stone on National Highway 214, already passed Yakou.




Military fiber optic installation. To Lhasa, Tibet.



We reached Benzilan at 4pm.




Went round the market nearby to see whether can get some fruits. Bought a watermelon back and store in the hotel fridge. When we are having dinner, a familiar group appeared: 青椒!He looked totally shacked! I quickly went up to him and asked him how his Base Camp trip was. He told me they didn’t go to Base Camp in the end upon advice by the Guide. Yesterday after we left, it rained thrice and sun shone twice. So all in all we didn’t miss much. I excitedly told him that we saw Meili in sunrise this morning, he told me he could see it from Yubeng too, very spectacular. We exchanged number for contacts but I still dunno his real name haha.

Night time was spent in the room watching TV. Zzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment